Friday, August 29, 2008

Random Little Things & Some Pictures

Pictures are always fun so I'll start with those. A while ago I took some pics of me doing some EDS "tricks" so that I could ask a group of people with EDS if they thought I may have a HCTD, they thought I looked to be a person who could & told me to ask my doc. Both my docs agreed. I looked at a lot of pictures on the web & kept saying, yeah, but everybody can do that. So I'll share with you a few of my pics, perhaps if you are wondering if you have EDS you may see these & realize it's worth asking your doc about.



Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
My leg turned in. Both legs do this, but this is just the one turned. I can go further than this, but if I do I causes mild pain, when it's just this far it doesn't hurt.




Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
Then we have my crap ankles. The left leg is fine, no discomfort standing like that. My ankles roll like that, & more, while I'm walking & cause me to fall & that part sucks, & hurts.




Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
Then the here's the easiest "trick" I've got, but oddly enough this one seems to gross people out a lot. I really don't understand why this one bothers people so much. This is called Swan Neck, I always called it Witch Fingers, lol.


So now on to my odds & ends. I went to the Parents Orientation for pre-school last night. I really think this school is a great one for GirlChild. She's going to have so much fun. I did mention to the one teacher that she may be a bit more prone to falling than the other kids as her ankles are kinda crappy already. Speaking of she fell & busted her lip today. Her tooth punctured the lip, but thankfully it didn't go all the way through & stopped bleeding before too long.

I am still feeling scared about my upcoming appt. Like what if he laughs me out of the office for wasting his time?

Oh & incase it wasn't obvious my headache is pretty much gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment