Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Housework, ugh!

I hate housework (just like everyone else in the world I'm sure), but what I hate more than housework is being treated like a maid. I'm at home all day & my roommate works, so in her mind there is no reason I can't do the cleaning. While I've no problem washing the household towels & even doing the dishes, but my problem comes from being told I have to do it her way. See if you are stuck doing housework I think the least that ought to occur is doing it your own way.

Like the dishes, if I do them in the dishwasher it can take me 2 hours to unload & load the dishwasher even with my 5 yr old helping. It takes that long because I am disabled & have problems with my joints & very much with my hands. So If I'm going to be the only one in the house who does the dishes I'm doing them my way. Using paper plates (yep eco-bad, but I do recycle them) when possible, hand washing bowls & cups since that is actually easier than all the leaning over & reaching. Plus if I can only put away 1/2 the dishes I can still hand wash a few more later & add them in the strainer, you can unload 1/2 the dishwasher & then add more dirty stuff without making the stuff still in there dirty. I expect I'll get a huge lecture on how this isn't green & I'm ruining the planet, but if you really care that much why can't you load & unload your own dishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment