Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Shepard's Harvest

This weekend is the Shepard's Harvest Sheep & Wool Festival & I'm super excited to go! I went last year, but as I had only been knitting for 4.5 months I didn't have much of a clue what to buy or how to shop. Up until that point I had been going to JoAnn's as my LYS & buying needles from KP even though I thought they were too pointy for me. This fest showed me about many, many small farms selling wool, real LYSs, hand dyers & so much more. I had a blast & as we left I was already plotting what I would buy next year. The only problem I ran in to was that my daughter got bored fairly easy there since she wasn't very interested in yarn. This year I will be going with one of the women from my knitting group & am super excited to go to a knitting thing with another knitter. My roommate just does not get enough joy in shopping for wool; or maybe I get too much joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment