Monday, March 15, 2010

Still Working on Giftmas & 8x8 Squares

Well the Holiday hat knitting is still chugging along. This is one of the hats for my old neighbors. It's done with a really nice thick & thin yarn, I love thick & thin yarns, they give a nice homey feel to the project.

Once that hat is done, I'll have one more super bulky ribbed hat & a scarf left to finish all my holiday knitting! The hat is about 1/4 of the way done & could be finished pretty quick. Truth be told I'll probably finish it in the summer & save it for next year. The scarf has the yarn picked out, but no pattern picked yet. Yikes!

Also ended up making a hat for my child, she loved that pink hat I made from my mom's best friend so much that she needed her own. It's got a nice amount of give & the band is stretchy so it should work fine for the few days she'll still need one & work well for next year too.

Trying to knit up an 8x8 square, but I can never seem to get them to come out right, will try again later today. Have tried 4 patterns with no luck so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment