Friday, March 12, 2010

2 down 2 to go!

I had a plan back in December to make 3 hats for my neighbors & one for my mom's friend. Well I didn't get them done as fast as I had hoped to what with house hunting & moving in the beginning of February, but I have finally gotten back on track with it!




The pink is an alpaca/wool blend & so soft!




The purple/green is wool & was wonderful to work with, nice & soft.








I've gotten 2 done & have 2 more to go, sort of. The pink was meant to be for my mom's friend, but my daughter loves it so I'm not sure who will end up with it, I've started a second in the same pattern, but with a different pink yarn. So that brings the total up to 5.

The purple-green one is meant for my old next door neighbor. I have a white one that was meant to be for the neighbor across the alley, but I can't decide if I like that or want to do another. The yarn called its self worsted, but was really more of a DK so it's more of a beanie than a tam like I was going for. I'm going to wash it & see how it looks today & decide if it's ok or not, it's acrylic so I don't expect much when I wash it. Will get a pic of the 2 in progress & the white later/tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment