Thursday, March 18, 2010

Socks to Sweaters

I learned to knit because I wanted to knit a pretty pair of socks, I've now knit socks & to be honest I don't have the massive deep love for sock knitting I used to have. I started doing more worsted weight knitting with all the hats & have really been enjoying knitting again. I've just ordered my first sweater's worth of yarn & am quite excited about it. The yarn will get here in a few days, maybe a week; the needles will take 10-20 days since they are coming from overseas. I've bought the pattern & I have a back up pattern in case I hate how this one goes.

A friend mentioned having a side project or two going so I don't get bored knitting the sweater & I think I am going to keep going with the hats (faster gratification) & do some squares. I am wanting to switch over my washcloths to knit (so much nicer than terry) & I think I'm going to do some blanket squares for a throw on my chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment