Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lost Sweater & a Hat Club

So last week I lost my sweater I was working on, finally found it today. Just in the nick of time as tonight it knit night. Will hopefully be able to get some progress done on it as I haven't done a thing on it since the last time I posted it.

I've decided I want to use up some of my blah yarn. Do you know what I mean? That yarn you own & have no clue why you have it, you have no love for it & it's not a great color or fiber. I have a few skeins of that kicking around & am going to make hats out of most of them. I like knitting hats & they are wonderful gifts. So many people that I know from Ravelry have done their own shawl or sock clubs using stash, they've taken one pattern & the yarn & put them together & then pull one out each month to get 12 pair of socks or 12 shawls or whatever. I think I am going to aim for 20 hats this year. I've already done 7 so that's only another 13 to do & I have 3 on the needles right now so it should be no problem. I can then use those for holiday gifts for people. I'm pulling together patterns now & will match them up to skeins this week.

I am also trying to figure out what to make with my worsted scraps. I've quite a few of them & some are superwash & some aren't I kinda don't want to make a blanket & I'm at a loss for what to do with them.

2 comments:

  1. You know what goes great with worsted scraps:
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/scrappy-lengthwise-scarf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the look of this pattern, will have to give it a whirl. :D

    ReplyDelete