Sunday, April 4, 2010

My current favorite no-cook supper

I'm lazy about cooking, my roommate prefers take-out & my 4 year-old eats like a 4 year-old, so I never see the point of spending time in the kitchen. I've got a few no cook meals I really like that I would even have no shame in serving others.
Yum
It's a pack of Schwan's Microwave Penne Pasta , Green Giant Immunity Boost, 1/3 cup shredded roasted chicken breast (from one of those chickens they have all done at the grocery store) sprinkled with MrsDash hot & spicy & a little of my favorite rib rub.

Nuke the pasta & veggies for a minute less than the shortest time on the package
Toss them along chicken in a sealable container, sprinkle on seasonings, close up tight & shake like mad
Put in fridge to let the seasonings permeate the food
Re-heat & serve later

I usually make this in the afternoon & have it for supper, then lunch of the next day. It's over a pound of food & it's only 585cal, 11g fat & 3g fiber for the whole thing, not bad for 6-7 minutes of "cooking" & serves 2-4 depending on appetite. Would be yummy with some BOCA Crumbles (I wouldn't add those til you were heating to serve, they don't sit in food for hours well) or any ground or shredded meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment